About the Ezybill (email delivery) facility
This information is for persons who register to receive the Whitehorse City Council annual Rate Notice, Rate Instalment Notices, Rate Reminders and Bin Invoices via Email (EzyBill). Overdue Notices will be sent as a paper copy by post.
The following Terms and Conditions and Privacy Notice apply to the use of the facility to receive the above mentioned Council Notices/Invoices including the use of information provided by the facility.
Terms and Conditions
By accessing the facility you agree to the following:
- Whitehorse City Council has an arrangement with Ezybill to electronically deliver annual Rates Notices, Rate Instalment Notices and Bin Invoices via this facility.
- The information available from this facility (which includes downloadable material) is subject to copyright and is protected by laws of Australia and other countries through international treaties.
- Any links to third party websites or software on this site are provided solely as a convenience to you and such links should not be taken to imply any type of association, sponsorship, endorsement, monitoring, approval of, or responsibility for, the linked site or its content. These sites may be located in jurisdictions outside Australia and be subject to licence or other types of agreements, policy and legislation relating to those sites. Should you decide to access any of the third party sites, you do so entirely at your own risk and Council shall not be held liable for any claims, losses, expenses, injuries or damage arising from that access.
- If you choose to use the facility you must first register with, and provide your details to, Ezybill and agree to the Ezybill Terms and Conditions of use.
- Upon your request to receive the nominated Whitehorse City Council Notices/Invoices via the facility you acknowledge and agree:
- You are the property owner or liable for responding to and making payment of the Notice/Invoice and you will share this electronic Notice/Invoice with other ratepayers so named as required;
- To receive the Notices/Invoices electronically and recognise that neither a paper copy nor other electronic Notices/Invoice will continue to be issued. You must cancel any other existing form of electronic delivery of the Notice/Invoice as only one electronic Notice/Invoice is forwarded per billing run;
- You will not be charged a fee by Whitehorse City Council for accessing a copy of your Notice/Invoice in Ezybill;
- It may take up to one Notice/Invoice cycle for your Ezybill registration to take effect;
- By using this facility the Notices/Invoices will be deemed to have been delivered, presented, received and viewed by you once it has been received by Ezybill and that you will not otherwise receive these Notices/Invoices;
- If you cease to own the property/move from the property you will need to unsubscribe your Ezybill registration for that property. Whitehorse City Council will cancel your registration for the property when advised of a change of ownership on the title to the property;
- Whitehorse City Council is not responsible for any delivery delays or failures by the facility;
- Whitehorse City Council has the right to cease the arrangement to deliver Notices/Invoices via Ezybill at which time the Notices/Invoices will be sent as paper copies by post;
- You may unsubscribe for this facility at any time but you may continue to receive Notices/Invoices in your Ezybill for up to 30 days after you have unsubscribed while we process your request.
- Not all communications from Whitehorse City Council will utilise Ezybill, you will still receive paper communications by post for other official communications;
The purpose of completing this application is to register for email delivery of your rate notice and/or bin invoice, and agree to receive your rate notice and/or bin invoice electronically via email.
Council abides by the Privacy and Data Protection (PDP) Act 2014 (Vic). Council's officers and contractors may access personal information held by Council, but only to the extent necessary to provide services to you on Council's behalf or to Council. Council's contractors are also required to comply with the PDP Act. The types of contractors holding personal information may be external service providers or debt recovery agencies, and they will only hold personal information that is necessary to provide services.
At times Council may be legally required to disclose personal information, for instance to the police, courts or other authorised organisations. For further information on privacy matters call 9262 6333 or visit www.whitehorse.vic.gov.au/Policies-Privacy.html.